DCFNE offers individualized clinical trainings to RNs and student nurses to help individuals develop their clinical forensic skills and learn first hand what it means to become a forensic nurse.
Participating in Clinical Training with DCFNE offers Registered Nurses an opportunity to understand the clinical work of a forensic nurse. Participants will be paired one-on-one with trained, DCFNE forensic nurses to observe clinical workflow and patient care. This is opportunity is only for registered nurses who have completed the 40-hour didactic training.
Participants can expect to:
- Understand the elements of the Physical Evidence Recovery Kit (PERK)
- Gain a basic understanding of forensic photography
- Recognize the opportunities to use the Alternate Light Source (ALS) and understand the benefits and limitations
- Learn basic forensic chart documentation
- Understand the role of the advocate during the exam
To participate in this training, you must provide:
- RN Verification
- Certificate of completion for 40-hour adult/adolescent SANE training (dated within the last 6 months)
The cost of this Clinical Training is $200 per day.